Previous Page

Pickett House Museum Open House

Living History, Tour

The Pickett House Museum (910 Bancroft St., Bellingham), is open Sun., July 14, 1-4 pm. We have 6 old quilts in the rooms upstairs. One room has been filled with old sewing related items that might have been used by Hattie Strother, a Seamstress, who left her home in 1936 to the Daughters of Pioneers, Whatcom Chapter 5. The quilts have been recently identified by a Quester and a laminated tag attached to each quilt. The quilts date from 1880ís to 1950. Please come to view the home that was built by Mr. Peabody in 1856 for Captain Pickett and his family. This is the oldest home in its original location in the state of Washington. Phone (360)293-1082 or e-mail joyandgary@comcast.net for more information. (Picture) Four members from three different Quester Chapters are standing in front of the newly installed windows on the front porch of the Pickett House Museum.